Kineta is about the science and about being a great place to work with smart and fun people. We offer the opportunity for professional growth doing what you love to do as well as a full suite of welfare benefits, matching 401k, paid time off and parking.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION TITLE: Controller
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Base Salary (% utilization): $160K -/+
Long Term Incentive / Stock Options: TBD
Bonus Structure: Based on Company Objectives
Bonus Tier: Tier 2 / 20%
Benefits: Same as all Regular Employees
Job Description: Controller
At Kineta, the Controller will be responsible for the following: Oversee maintenance of organization’s corporate financial records. Maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Upgrade accounting systems, as necessary. Prepare internal financial reporting package. Assist with SEC Reporting. Oversee disbursements payroll functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the general ledger and accounting records.
- Maintain the internal controls policies and procedures and strive for constant improvement.
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Oversee all operational accounting cycles.
- Close the books in a timely manner and ensure financial statements are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP.
- Conduct technical accounting research and prepare memos as necessary.
- Prepare internal financial reporting package for management.
- Manage the annual audit and quarterly review projects to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with SEC reporting.
- Liasson with tax and other accounting service providers to ensure projects are completed timely.
- Strive for constant process improvement to upgrade systems, processes and personnel as needed.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Supervise Accounting personnel.
- Driven and self-motivated. Must be able to work independently with minimal direction, take initiative, maintain relationships, and work effectively and collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Flexible, and operates with a sense of urgency. Open to change and demonstrates the ability to change gears when necessary.
- Analytical thinker to solve new challenges.
- Experience with using a robust accounting ERP system. NetSuite is a plus.
- Experience with SEC reporting.
- 10+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of management or leadership role.
- Bachelors in accounting required.
- Experience in Big 4 Public Accounting firm preferred.
- CPA required.