Research Associate, Immuno-oncology
Reports to: SVP, Immuno-oncology
The Research Associate is expected to effectively support the completion of key studies in the preclinical development of Kineta’s pipeline with a focus on our immuno-oncology programs. This individual will take a supporting role in studying the in vivo and in vitro pharmacology of the lead antibody candidates directed against different immunological targets. This will include, but not be limited to efficacy studies as well as in vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate mechanisms of action. On a daily basis, the individual is expected to work autonomously and be able to engage other scientific members in the company to ensure timely completion and reporting of program objectives. Additionally, the individual will support regular laboratory operations including tissue culture, reagent preparation, equipment maintenance, and organization. The candidate will possess proven skills to adapt and quickly learn a new field of research in a dynamic drug discovery environment including: independent thinking, ability to interpret and present research data and excellent communication skills. As needed, the individual will support other aspects of the preclinical development of these candidate antibodies including their formulation, stability, bioanalytical method development and analysis, and functional testing in in vitro and ex vivo models.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This candidate will have knowledge and skills to support discovery and preclinical development of antibodies being evaluated for immuno-oncology. Work autonomously and support other members of the scientific team in both program objectives and laboratory management. Ensure experimental optimization, planning, execution, data analysis and interpretation and study report generation.
- BS Degree in Biosciences and a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience is required.
- Strong experimental skills with demonstrated ability to plan, optimize and execute experiments.
- Must be able to work autonomously and effectively on multiple aspects of the program in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage literature and knowledge from current scientific advances when planning experiments and interpreting data.
- Experience in tissue culture including primary cells and developing in vitro and ex vivo immuno-assays is required.
- Experience in molecular biology including cloning, protein expression and immunoassays.
- Experience supporting in vivo models including tumor biology is desired.
- Must support the management of laboratory operations including ordering and receiving incoming items, waste disposal, regular cleaning and maintenance of the laboratory space, regular and as needed equipment maintenance, equipment alarm response, monthly lab safety audits for the EH+S.
- Management of daily and weekly laboratory maintenance tasks and lab organization.
- Must work with peers, operations personnel, and outside vendors to maintain and improve lab operations and troubleshoot supply and equipment issues.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org