Project Manager Job Description
Kineta is seeking an experienced project manager to support diverse preclinical drug development programs. The successful candidate will join our multidisciplinary team developing life changing science technologies in immuno-oncology, neuroscience and biodefense. Under direction, the candidate will be responsible for the planning, management and completion of R&D projects on a wide variety of programs at different stages of drug discovery. The candidate will use project management skills to identify resource requirements, define project deliverables, prepare program reports, and ensure high quality and timely completion of projects while managing project budgets.
Ability to manage effective communication and relationships between scientific teams, executive leadership and research collaborators is critical. Experience with government funded programs and early stage drug development is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be required to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team setting to ensure timely completion and reporting of program objectives. The applicant will be responsible for:
- Scheduling and facilitating cross-functional project teams and departmental meetings
- Responsible for meeting agendas, minutes, project status and follow-up of action items
- Assisting with data reports both internally and with funding agencies as well as creating and updating data summaries
- Leads the preparation of project budgets, updates of forecasts and issuance of variance explanations.
- Tracking agreements and research milestones for external collaborations
- Highly collaborative with outstanding written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills.
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority.
- Anticipates and identifies project risks, contributes to mitigation strategies and contingencies and supports timely action plans and issue resolution.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as a team player, learn new skills in a dynamic drug discovery environment and quickly take on responsibility and ownership of PM duties. Kineta is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent organizational and writing skills. Independent thinking, ability to interpret and present research data and excellent communications skills are required.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and tactfully with scientific leaders, and functional area representatives
- Experience working in a fast-paced research or technology environment
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus
- Proficiency with program management software (Smart Sheets or Microsoft project preferred)
- Biotech / Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related field preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org